Checking What Filings Are on Included on Your Tax Statement
It's easy to see which policies are included on your tax form.
- Log into the EFS
- Click on "Your SLAI Filings"
- Click on "Advanced Search" (blue button, near the top-right corner of the page)
The third item in the search form is the "Filing Month".
Filing Month is not the same as calendar month
because we usually cut off the month early in June and December in order to prepare and mail
your tax forms in a timely manner. You could file something on June 29th that is in the July
- In the "From" box, put the first month of the tax period as the criteria, using the YYYYMM format.
For instance, if you were checking the 2nd half of 2018 Surplus Line Tax Statement,
you would use 201807 as the first month of the period.
- In the "To" box, put the last month of the tax period as the criteria, using the YYYYMM format.
Following the same example, you would use 201812.
- If you are matching up to a fire marshal tax statement, you will need all twelve filing
months. So for the 2018 fire marshal tax statement, the first month would be 201801 and the
last month would be 201812.
- Click the "Search" button.
Downloading Your Search Results
By default, the system only shows you 50 records at a time, and only shows eight data
fields for each record. Don't worry - when you download your data, you will get all
the data elements for each record, and you will get all the records that match your
The easiest way to see, search and manipulate your data is download it to an Excel file.
- Near the top-left corner of the screen, click the "xls" or the "xlsx" button (depending on your
version of Excel)
- Save the file to your computer
Now, you can sort, search and manipulate your data in Excel. You may have to convert the number columns from
numbers entered as text to actual numbers. Total up the premiums and taxes
to see that they match our tax statement. You can add subtotals by Filing Month to match up to
each month on your surplus line tax statement, if desired.
DON'T CHANGE YOUR TAX FORM!!
By law, taxes are due based on what you filed with the Association - not based on effective
dates or any other criteria. DO NOT change the numbers on your tax form. If you feel something
needs to be changed, it MUST be coordinated through the Association.
Contact us and we will figure it out.
We're Here to Help
Feel free to contact our office with any
questions you have about your tax statements, or for help with this process of matching
up your tax statement to the policies that were filed. We're happy to help!